DCS WARS
As a guest you can only view a very limited portion of this forum. Please go to the Community Center and find out how you can become a part of the best Online Dynasty site where you can earn your own coach's office and more!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

DCS WARS
As a guest you can only view a very limited portion of this forum. Please go to the Community Center and find out how you can become a part of the best Online Dynasty site where you can earn your own coach's office and more!
DCS WARS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for all you real life football coaches

4 posters

Go down

Question for all you real life football coaches Empty Question for all you real life football coaches

Post by tonewil Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:59 pm

I saw a few guys mention they were football coaches in real life and it got me thinking.

How much has the impact of games like NCAA and/or Madden impacted the way you coach?

I guess a follow up is, do you ever use these games as sims for plays?

tonewil
DCS COACH
DCS COACH

DW Points : 80

Back to top Go down

Question for all you real life football coaches Empty Re: Question for all you real life football coaches

Post by xGRIDIRONxGURUx Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:57 pm

it impacts me NONE because its just a game... pressing square, B, R1, or left trigger is NOTHING compared to teaching little johnny to 6" power step... Face Palm

i still yell at the game like i yell at my kids though Nod Yes

and for me i cant really "test" anything on the game because it doesn't remotely come close to anything i do on friday nights
xGRIDIRONxGURUx
xGRIDIRONxGURUx
DCS COACH
DCS COACH

DW Points : 203
PS3/360 : PS3/360

http://untoldempireband.com

Back to top Go down

Question for all you real life football coaches Empty Re: Question for all you real life football coaches

Post by tonewil Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm thinking of the Brandon Stokley play a few years back and the RBs who have killed fantasy teams by falling at the one. Plays like that often are considered to be derived from "Madden", so that's where the question comes from.

I'd made an assumption that "new" offenses like the A11 (I think that's what it's called) had to have been derived through computer simulations.

tonewil
DCS COACH
DCS COACH

Back to top Go down

Post by xGRIDIRONxGURUx Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:25 pm

lol @ A11
xGRIDIRONxGURUx
xGRIDIRONxGURUx
DCS COACH
DCS COACH

Back to top Go down

Post by tonewil Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:45 pm

xGRIDIRONxGURUx wrote:lol @ A11

Does that mean you think the offense is a joke or that you're laughing at the reference? I've never looked into it myself I just used to read too much of the Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN.

tonewil
DCS COACH
DCS COACH

Back to top Go down

Post by absolute08 Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:24 pm

If anything it makes m worst at playing the game, because I would think of what SHOULD happen in situations but madden or NCAA won't ever portray that

absolute08
DCS COACH
DCS COACH

DW Points : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by DbGt4226 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:04 am

for me its the other way around... my coaching knowledge in RL helps out my gameplay
DbGt4226
DbGt4226

DW Points : 160
PS3/360 : Both
PSN or GT : DbGt4226

Back to top Go down

Post by xGRIDIRONxGURUx Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:07 am

an offense built on spread punt and eligible jersey swapping is a joke... but honestly I flip a switch when i play this game... because while there are SOME hints of truth is in this game, the rest is all make believe and i just game

now one thing i do like to do, is push the game as much as I can to milk out legit strategies that are comparable to a full offense like for instance my loaded gun from 11 and then LG2.0 from 12... it is an entire offensive system posted at Utopia... that's my funnest challenge every year when the game drops
xGRIDIRONxGURUx
xGRIDIRONxGURUx
DCS COACH
DCS COACH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down